Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sympathy Post



This is what my living room looks like almost every night after the kids go to bed. The saddest thing about this picture is what you don't see, and that is that my bedroom, the kitchen, the toy room, Carter's room and sometimes Deacon's room looks the same way almost every night. So, after I make dinner and do the dishes I go around to all these rooms picking up toys and other random objects that the kids have scattered all over the house. One night after becoming particularly frustrated with this night time routine I tried to get some help or sympathy out of Brent and do you know what he said to me...."Well you are the one that HAD to have kids"...Really?

4 comments:

Janice said...

At that point I would slap him!!!!!!!

Justin Christensen and Leka Taukivuea-Christensen said...

i guess it doesn't take two to get the kids huh.. I feel so bad for you thats how our house looks but i think worst and at least Justin helps me out..

Mrs. Seal said...

OMG! Brent! Shame on you!!! :)
I say make the kids help...we sing the "clean up" song...so far it works. Hang in there sista!

Nicole said...

Teach those boys to clean! :)
We have a 10 minute clean up every night before bed. Luke puts up a fight with helping out with pretty much anything...but I will say, the struggle pays off...Bailey and Riley are SUPER great at cleaning now. When that happens, Brent will take more credit for having those kids!!! Then again, maybe boys are different and you're in for a lifetime of cleaning up after them!! Ha!