Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Race


Ah, the race....Brent ran his frist half marathon last weekend and did great. He finished in 2 hours, which was actually very impressive since he really isn't a runner and didn't do a ton of training. If you notice there are no pictures of Brent at the race because we never saw Brent at the race. That's right, we went there, spent hours there (approx 4 1/2) and never saw him. I got there early, got my spot set up, dealt with the boys whining and running away from me, people crowding me and trying to take my spot....three hours later, they announced on the big speaker that the finish line for the half marathon was at a different location!!!!! There were over 100,000 people there so I was not happy. I made a quick attempt to find him, but realized very soon that I would never find him and hoofed it back to the car and drove home. The best part of the story is that Brent beat us home....yep! This was not a race that I wanted to go to (because of all the reasons mentioned above), and will not be going to another one by myself with the boys during this stage of their lives. I told Brent the only way I will go support him at a race ever again is if we are by ourselves and make a vacation out of it. I am thinking maybe the Rock and Race in Savannah sounds nice?

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh man that sounds awful!!!

we should all plan to do a half marathon in some fun city and all meet up for it! orlando or nyc or something! Maybe we can rope grandma and grandpa into coming and watching ALL the kids! :) unless of course they want to run it! i need some motivation to start running outside! its so hard when its in the single digits! Good job Brent!

Janice said...

I will take the babysitting job....Running isn't in my future nor was in my past quite frankly. Good job Brent, but I can't believe they moved the finish line. They couldn't of announced that earlier than after people had been there 3 1/2 hours?????? I would not be happy!